What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why it’s so common to think and act on autopilot in midlife.
- Why you need to have awareness of your autopilot thinking.
- Why thinking on autopilot isn’t thoughtful at all.
- How you can learn to “catch” your autopilot thoughts and decide to think on purpose.
- How the framework of “The Thought Model” can help you change your thinking.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Thinking and doing things on autopilot is super common in midlife. You might even notice yourself sounding like your mother or other family members on occasion, saying things and thinking the way that they did.
It only becomes a problem when you notice that the results of this type of thinking aren’t what you want. You might be confused about it too, because you may not understand that it’s actually your thinking causing the problem.
Autopilot thinking can be sneaky because a lot of times the thoughts you’re thinking don’t even seem like thoughts. They don’t seem optional at all; they just seem more factual. Like there’s no other way to think about things.
Learn six simple questions to help you catch these sneaky autopilot thoughts so you can decide for yourself if you believe them. This will help you see if they really are YOUR thoughts or if you picked them up somewhere along the line, perhaps even a few decades ago.
If you decide that your autopilot thoughts aren’t serving you anymore in midlife, the good news is that you can learn to think more intentionally; that is, you can learn to think on purpose. Yes…even at your age!
Don’t miss this episode!
Featured on the Show:
- Ep 2: The Model: Your Mindfulness Framework https://suzyrosenstein.com/podcast/the-model/
Connect with Suzy:
- Finally First Midlife Membership: https://suzyrosenstein.com/membership/ Get on the waiting list! Launching Fall 2019!
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE ebook: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Work with Suzy. Book your FREE Kick Start Call to explore the 50 Unplugged Mastermind: www.talktosuzy.com
- Email your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes