What You’ll Learn from this Episode about Autopilot Thinking in Midlife:
- Why it’s so common to think and act on autopilot in midlife.
- Why you need to have awareness of your autopilot thinking.
- Why thinking on autopilot isn’t thoughtful at all.
- How you can learn to “catch” your autopilot thoughts and decide to think on purpose.
- How the framework of “The Thought Model” can help you change your thinking.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Thinking and doing things on autopilot is super common in midlife. You might even notice yourself sounding like your mother or other family members on occasion, saying things and thinking the way that they did.
It only becomes a problem when you notice that the results of this type of thinking aren’t what you want. You might be confused about it too, because you may not understand that it’s actually your thinking causing the problem.
Autopilot thinking can be sneaky because a lot of times the thoughts you’re thinking don’t even seem like thoughts. They don’t seem optional at all; they just seem more factual. Like there’s no other way to think about things.
Learn six simple questions to help you catch these sneaky autopilot thoughts so you can decide for yourself if you believe them. This will help you see if they really are YOUR thoughts or if you picked them up somewhere along the line, perhaps even a few decades ago.
If you decide that your autopilot thoughts aren’t serving you anymore in midlife, the good news is that you can learn to think more intentionally; that is, you can learn to think on purpose. Yes…even at your age!
Don’t miss this episode!
Featured on the Show:
- Ep 2: The Model: Your Mindfulness Framework https://suzyrosenstein.com/podcast/the-model/
Connect with Suzy:
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in depth personalized support! Apply for my personalized coaching program where we take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life. CLICK HERE to apply.
- Join the Finally First Club! Finally First is my monthly midlife coaching program where I teach life-changing lessons, help you actually apply the concepts in your everyday life, and am available to mentor and coach you along the way! It’s a fun and comfortable way to get clarity and focus for your next chapter. www.iamfinallyfirst.com
- Email your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes