What You’ll Learn from this Episode about Creating a Digital Midlife Magazine:
- How creating a digital midlife magazing was the obvious next step.
- Why it’s important to “bloom where you’re planted.”
- What it’s like to view your professional skill set from a different perspective.
- How your lifelong professional contacts can be essential to your future success.
- Why thinking “nothing’s wasted” is an amazing way to think about past experiences.
- Why you shouldn’t self-exclude because you don’t think you should or could do something.
- Why midlife women want to gather and connect more and more.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Today we’re taking a look at what it’s like to use your past experience to do something new like start a digital magazine for midlife women.
My guest today is Jeannie Ralston of NextTribe Digital Magazine. Like most midlife women who make a big career pivot, Jeannie’s path to entrepreneurship was an interesting one. It even included some serious life on a lavender farm.
Jeannie was a magazine journalist for much of her professional life. She noticed there was a big gaping hole when it came to a positive messaging for midlife women. That’s why she wanted to launch NextTribe; she knew she could make a contribution to this space..
As Editor and CoFounder of NextTribe, Jeannie feels strongly about supporting and celebrating women who are aging boldly.
Lots of women in midlife are looking for a career change and want to take on more adventures in both their personal and professional lives. Your past career can be used as a highly valuable experience base and can be really useful.
I know you’re going to love hearing more about how you can continue to grow and do interesting things in your career if you work on your mindset about making a big change and look for opportunity out there like Jeannie did. I can’t wait for you to meet this very special and accomplished woman in the middle.
Don’t miss this episode!
Featured on the Show:
- Connect with Jeannie Ralston
- NextTribe Digital Magazine: https://nexttribe.com/
- Jeannie’s book: The Unlikely Lavender Queen: A Memoir of Unexpected Blossoming https://www.amazon.com/Unlikely-Lavender-Queen-Unexpected-Blossoming/dp/0767927958/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=lavendar+queen+book&qid=1566164760&s=gateway&sr=8-1
- Ep 50, The Unbelievable Value of a Mentor in Midlife, Interview Brooke Castillo: https://suzyrosenstein.com/podcast/ep-50-the-unbelievable-value-of-a-mentor-in-midlife-interview-with-brooke-castillo/
Connect with Suzy:
- Buy Suzy’s book: 50 Ways to Celebrate Life after 50: Get unstuck, avoid regrets and live your best life: www.50waystocelebrate.com and Amazon
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE guide: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s: https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Apply for Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in-depth, personalized support! Apply for coaching! We’ll take all the things I teach and talk about here and apply them to YOU and your life so you can get unstuck, get clear and love your next chapter. CLICK HERE to apply.
- Join The Finally First Club: Finally First is my monthly midlife coaching program where I teach life-changing lessons, help you actually apply the concepts in your everyday life, and am available to mentor and coach you along the way! It’s all of the midlife coaching, community and connection you’ve been looking for, and it’s a fun and comfortable way to get clarity and focus for your next chapter. Join here! iamfinallyfirst.com
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes