What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- Why it’s so common to want to finally be first in midlife.
- Why you need to have an awareness of how willing you are to take care of yourself.
- How not putting yourself first can become a habit.
- How you can learn to think on purpose to support your commitment to put yourself first.
- How the framework of “The Thought Model” can help you change your thinking.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Midlife women often struggle with putting themselves first. It tends to become more of an issue at this stage of life; putting yourself last becomes more and more obvious and exhausting and the need to improve the situation becomes glaringly obvious.
Learn what four reasons are for this to continue in many women’s lives for so long and how the Thought Model Framework can help to understand the whole dynamic.
For example, the Thought Model Framework (from The Life Coach School) teaches us that your thoughts create your feelings. Your feelings drive your behavior. What you create as a result will prove your thinking. To make a change, you need to be aware of the thoughts you’re thinking when you don’t put yourself first.
The good news here is that you have more control than you think because you can supervise your thoughts. You can learn to think in such a way that supports standing up for yourself and honoring your commitments to yourself when it comes to self care and following through on what you want. It starts with thoughts about your worthiness. Awareness of any thinking otherwise is critical to putting yourself on the front burner of your life.
Don’t miss this episode!
Featured on the Show:
- Ep 2: The Model: Your Mindfulness Framework https://suzyrosenstein.com/podcast/the-model/
Connect with Suzy:
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE ebook: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- Work with Suzy. Book your FREE Kick Start Call to explore the 50 Unplugged Mastermind: www.talktosuzy.com
- New Midlife Membership: https://suzyrosenstein.com/membership/ Get on the waiting list! Launching Fall 2019!
- Email your feedback: email@example.com
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes