What You’ll Learn from this Episode:
- How the most creative solutions can be inspired by adversity.
- Why it’s important to be willing to fail to be successful.
- What it’s like to launch a business after you get an eviction notice
- Why it can be important to pivot when you understand your clients most urgent needs.
- Solid advice for women to go after their dreams.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
What would you do if you knew that giving up wasn’t an option? Today we’re talking about what it looks like to actually take massive action to change your life in the face of massive adversity.
My guest today is Shontelle Dubois, a woman who doesn’t allow the challenges and obstacles that life has thrown at her keep her down. When you hear her story, you can’t help but be blown away by her resilience, weight loss, drive, creativity and overall amazingness. In fact, you won’t be alone because her story was featured in a Goal Cast video and has millions of views.
Shontelle was involved in a seven car crash that resulted in her doing three years of rehab. During this time Shontelle gained weight, weighing her heaviest ever, 245 pounds. As a single mother, she decided to use her daughter as motivation and lost 105 pounds in five months.
Shortly after though, things became even more difficult. She lost her job, was served an eviction notice, but at the same time, somehow figured out how to stay focused failure after failure while trying to launch a fitness training business.
Her goal-oriented mindset and hardworking ethic allowed her to successfully open her own fitness studio; Shontelle now has a waiting list of over 500 people and also launched food prep business and developed a successful product line.
You’re going to learn so much about massive action from Shontelle’s story.
Don’t miss this episode!
Featured on the Show:
Connect with Shontelle Dubois:
Note: Shontelle’s Goal Cast video and products (Dubois Belt, Dubois Kit and more) are available on her website
Connect with Suzy:
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Suzy’s Retreat: Last chance! Get more information/register by JULY 1, 2019 for the Becoming Bold & Brave Retreat in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on July 12 – 14, 2019. Email me at email@example.com to get more info and register.
- Book your FREE Kick Start Call to explore the 50 Unplugged Mastermind: www.talktosuzy.com
- Download Suzy’s FREE ebook: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
- New Midlife Membership: https://suzyrosenstein.com/membership/ Get on the waiting list! Launching in Fall 2019!
- Email your feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes