What You’ll Learn from this Episode about being Older & Wiser or Older & Worse: Midlife Signs that make you Think:
- How it’s common to see a “sign in life” and make it mean something about getting older.
- Why it’s important to remember that thoughts are optional.
- Why it’s important to understand that your feelings come from your thinking.
- How easy it is to interpret weird random things that happen as good or bad.
- How common it is to think many negative things about medical tests and procedures.
- Why learning the skills of thought management can change your perspective for good.
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
Thinking you’re “older and wiser” is an option when it comes to midlife aging. The problem is that so many midlife women choose to think that they’re “older and worse” instead. Episode 101 of the Women in the Middle Podcast explores this tendency.
Things that happen in the world are actually neutral. It’s super common though, to see “things” as “signs” and use them to interpret as something negative as well, especially about aging.
However, when you think about these things that happen, you generate feelings that drive your behavior. This is how you create results in your life in terms of what happens for you.
Common examples are when you get an ache or pain and you wonder….oh geez, is that because I’m getting older?
Or..you forget something and you think, did I just forget that because there’s too much on my mind? Or should I make a doctor appointment and talk about dementia?
As you age, you may start to notice things like this happening and catch yourself wondering if it’s because of your age. Are you older and wiser? Or older and worse? The bottom line
Is that you get to decide what these signs mean in your life.
Don’t miss this episode!
Featured on the Show:
- To check out the Women in the Middle Academy, my new 6 month coaching program where you can get unstuck, get clear and finally feel free! Love your life after 50! Join us! Head over to www.womeninthemiddleacademy.com
Connect with Suzy:
- Join Suzy’s FREE Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WomenintheMiddlePodcastCommunity
- Download Suzy’s FREE ebook: 9 Secrets to get Unstuck in your 50s https://suzyrosenstein.com/ninesecrets
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher , Spotify or RSS and all the places you listen to your favorite podcasts, including Spotify.
- Leave us a review in iTunes