What You’ll Learn from this Episode about Empty Nest in Midlife:
- Common anxious thoughts that plague empty nesters in midlife.
- My personal “Life Lessons from Mom” list that I run through before a kid leaves for college.
- The difference between thoughts and circumstance and why you must understand this distinction.
- How to manage your anxious thoughts about your child while he or she is away at school.
- 4 tips for when you’re heading into a downward spiral of negative thoughts with empty nest.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Welcome to another episode of the Women in the Middle podcast!
As the back-to-school time of year rapidly approaches, a certain level of uncertainty and anxiety begins to creep into the thoughts of a lot us who are facing an impending empty nest.
On this week’s episode of Women in the Middle, we’re talking about the thoughts and feelings that we face as our last chick heads off to college and you begin to deal with your empty nest.
My clients come to me with worry-riddled thoughts such as, “What will I do when I don’t have a kid at home?”, “Will things ever be the same?”, “Who will I be without my kids at home”, and “What will my relationship with my spouse look like now?”
Tune in for my tips on how you can lessen the overwhelm of your baby going off on their own with a little preparation, a “Life Lessons from Mom” list, and intentionally managing your thoughts.
I’ll share where your feelings are coming from and how to create a happier transition into this next phase of your life.
Featured on the Show:
- Women in the Middle Podcast: https://suzyrosenstein.com/category/podcast/
- Private Coaching: Are you getting a lot from the concepts taught in the podcast? If you want more help, let’s talk. You can have in depth personalized support! I invite you to apply for my personalized coaching program where we take all the things I teach and talk about about here and apply them to YOU and your life. CLICK HERE to apply.
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!